The session will be divided in three main sections. Namely an overview of Intellectual property in Tanzania, protection of trademarks and brands on the internet in the digital economy and an expert IP panel.
The Tanzanian Associates Ltd
Legal consultant & Project manager
• Lucy is a Legal Consultant and Project manager at The Tanzanian Associate Ltd.
• She holds masters of Laws in International Law from the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, a Bachelors of Laws Degree from the University of Bedfordshire, United Kingdom and a Postgraduate Diploma in legal studies from Law School of Tanzania.
• She is a member of Tanganyika Law Society and an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania, Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public. She is also a member of the East Africa Law Society, member of the Tanzania institute of Arbitrator and a Panellist for Domain dispute with Resolution expert in association with Tanzania Information Centre.
• She has extensive experience in the commercial, corporate, banking & finance, insurance, civil and criminal, anti-money laundering, compliance and employment practice areas.
• She enjoys community development, entrepreneurship and is particularly interested in the role technology has in providing legal solutions to the Tanzania legal sector and the public.
• Lucy was one of the representatives of Tanzania in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Parliament in which she had the honour of debating in the House of Lords’ Chambers in London.